Friday, May 24, 2013

Travel to Europe, Gibraltar.



To be honest, I hadn´t realised that there was an English enclave in Spain, until about 2 months before arrving there. Just as finding a Spanish enclave in a corner of Morocco was interesting, it proved equally so finding a bit of England in a strategically placed corner of Spain.

Getting to effectively what is a big rock surrounded by a town, requires passing border control. The affable Englishman checking my passport, commented that I was a long way from home and wished me well, then I set off for a quirky adventure.

Gibraltar brought back a lot of childhood memories. The phone boxes, the English pubs, the atmosphere, the language and the people all contributed to me feeling like I was in a warped time zone, somewhere between NZ, England and Spain.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment