Monday, May 27, 2013

Travel to Italy, Tuscany, Pienza.



From Buon Convento we moved on to our stay for the night at a farm. Podere Il Casale. We had read about this sosta/farm on the internet and many travellers had recommended it saying that it was a quiet stopover with fabulous views of Monte Amiata and the wonderful Tuscan countryside. The rain started to come in and the sky darkened as we pointed Suzy in the direction of the farm. We were hoping for a couple of restful days doing nothing much. And hereby hangs a tail.

We skirted Pienza and found the grey road which led to the farm. A grey road in Italy is an unmade road made up of limestone which is dusty in the dry and becomes a mud bath in the wet. We had often travelled up them and they were potholed and in need of a bit of attention from the boys from the black stuff. Today it was a mud bath and Suzy became covered in a grey gunge which stuck to her like glue. . She would need a clean when we arrived. We drove on and arrived at the Podere at the end of the lane.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info! I will add the Podere Il Casale to my list of places to visit for my trip to Tuscany in late September. I was also informed about the beautiful Church of Santa Croce from my friend who just came back from Italy a couple days ago. He actually inspired me to go, so now I'm just looking for some Villas for Rent in Tuscany to ensure I get a great Italian experience!

    ReplyDelete