Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Travel to Thailand, Chiang Rai.



I ended up staying in Chiang Mai for a week. While I was there, I spent a lot of time walking around the city, including the old city inside the moat - and of course, eating everything in sight.

A couple of days ago the lady at my guesthouse told me it was Buddha's birthday, so the temples were all very busy. She mentioned 'up the mountain' having lots of people, and I realised she meant the Doi Suthep temple, which sits on top of the mountain that overlooks the city.

So the next day I decided to go up there and have a look. It was still extremely busy, with cars and songthaews (taxis) lining the roads everywhere. I didn't actually realise there were so many stairs to get up to the actual temple, either. Let's just say I earned all the food I ate that day! My legs were extremely sore...

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment