Thursday, September 5, 2013

Travel to Uganda, Kampala.


We landed in Entebbe, Uganda bright and early after a wonderful flight with BA, only to see UN soldiers boarding UN planes. Interesting… we arrive and they leave. To pass through customs Ness had to buy a 3 month tourist visa, so she could then convert it into a work permit at the Embassy. I had no worries as I had my six month visa sorted. The lovely lady asked me how long I was staying in the country?

I said confidently: “179 nights, as my wife will be working here”

The lady said “You have the wrong visa: you need to become a dependent of your wife or have a tourist visa and keep renewing it… I will let you in for 2 months”. Happy days… I’m in the country, but a wasted trip to the embassy in London.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment