Thursday, January 31, 2013

Travel to Europe, Germany, Hesse, Gießen.


Today is the second day. To start with Jet Lag caught up with me and I spent most of the night awake. About 4 hours of sleep from 8 to 12. I woke up when Svea came in to tell me that we were leaving in an hour. So I did the morning routine real quick and got ready to go. We left the house and made our way to the main train station in Frankfurt to catch a train to Gießen with our Frankfurt friends where Svea's other friends lived. They had invited her/me tagging along to a poetry slam. Gießen is a moderate sized city with a University so it has a good vibe. During this whole time my german was getting better but still I feel so behind sometimes. Especially with all these girls. They are chatty anyways and everything is so fast. But I guess its good practice to be with the fastest talkers in the world. We arrived in Gießen and then met the other friends for dinner. Again I'm not saying much mostly listening and trying to not make mistakes. I tell them all where I'm from ( the Land of cowboys and indians) and
Poetry Slamthey are interested. I tell them about the rodeos and wheat fields. I even told them about Rednecks ( which they had no clue about ).

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org

No comments:

Post a Comment