Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Travel to Middle East, United Arab Emirates, Liwa.



The Agenda was just to eat out...it was early morning of my 30th Birthday, we already had a pre-dinner celebration and everything was great.

Then we started driving on a long stretch road southern part of Abu Dhabi. Passing Dubai exit...so we are not going to Dubai, passing Al Ain exit...basically not Al Ain...then passing Dhafra Airbase..now I dont where we are. Board signs says...Incinerator, Tarif/Ghweifat, Hameem. Exit E11, E65 and Route E90, I don't have any idea, any clue in mind where exactly are we going. Surprise Me!!!

After 2 hours of driving I saw a sign, a very familiar one- Qusahwira Oilfield. So this is how far our project is, Qusahwira Internal job #5392 and Qusahwira External job #5393. In the middle of the Desert, rough roads ahead and driving literally on sand. But the question is "what am I doing here?to Eat?"

Then I finaly realize that am in the Liwa Dessert, seeing orangedish/redish coloured sand, I pressed my face bythe window to see the sharp peaks and sand dunes formed by a soft wind blowing in the sand as our vehicle produced immensed dust fog. Then fro a distant I saw stone structures surrounded
Arabic Birthday Cheesecake & 9 Lives
Thank you...by palm trees and yes a paved road. As we drove slowly in a deep sand we reached our final destination. It was not annouced but OMG I saw the final sign am in Qasr Al Sarab Dessert Hotel OMG!!!

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org

No comments:

Post a Comment