Thursday, March 28, 2013

Travel to India, Madhya Pradesh.



I’ve loved Indian food since I first had it early in High School. I verily thought I could eat it every day for the rest of my life. So, now that I’ve eaten Indian every day for the past 22 days, in India itself, is that still true? Hmm… ok, maybe not every day; but still probably once a week, if it’s the Americanized Indian.

In general, the food here lacks variety, is oily, lacks taste other than curry, cumin and turmeric and uses unreliable ingredients. And don’t ask an Indian cook to cook you anything other than Indian – it’ll all taste like curry, cumin and turmeric, whether it’s pizza, pasta, or a fish sandwich. We were in a restaurant in Palolem that had Mexican on the menu; I gave it a quick thought, and correctly decided against the chicken burrito when we received (to our surprise) our complimentary chips and salsa – “salsa”, I wanted to tell them, is not ketchup with curry, cumin and turmeric. Even the McDonald’s we’d visited in Mumbai for a change of pace didn’t really change the pace, other than the fries. I had the Chicken Maharaja Mac – Mumbai McDonald’s chicken curry, mutton masalaanswer to the Big Mac in a red-meatless country. The only thing resembling the real thing was the bun. And the special sauce? Guess what? Yea – it tasted of curry, cumin and turmeric.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

1 comment:

  1. eally your post was really helpfull to me ,When we saw Bandipur forest,we scared so much..while journey .....But it was very different and interesting experience of life.Its feel me like i m the member of the village...Food ...were very tasty Bandipur Resorts

    ReplyDelete