Friday, March 22, 2013

Travel to Indonesia, Bali, Tabanan.



Today's agenda was to be a fairly relaxing day as we drove up the hills towards Mt. Batukaru. Our beloved guide picked us up at 9:00 a.m. on the dot and off we went. I have been wanting to visit a silver shop to show Be how the artisans work and design. So Nyoman made a quick stop at Prapen Jewelry just outside of Ubud. Yes, it is a typical tourist spot but I did enjoy watching the creative part of jewelry making. It was very detailed and time consuming to make all the little silver balls and just watching them glue their designs together was fascinating. I kept thinking of my carpal tunnel issue and I know I'd be fired within the first week if I were given the chance to create jewelry! Ha! It takes patience to make jewelry look beautiful and I now have a stronger appreciation of that art.

So, basically, I walked out of there with a few silver baubles and 2 awesome silver and pearl rings! Check!

Next stop? Wait for it.... Bali Butterly Park! I know... I know! Yes, I know it's a "chick thing" but what did you expect? We love
Cocoonsbutterflies and Bali has the prettiest Lepidopteras. You can see huge velvety black ones dancing atop the trees in the gardens. There are blue ones with big bold yellow spots in the center of their wings. I've seen small bright yellow ones dancing in the garden in the early morning light. Ah...Butterflies! So, we stopped for about an hour (poor Nyoman) and walked around their sanctuary and just took in their beauty. There was a hatchery in the center of the garden that we were able to get into. One of the workers placed some of the newly hatched babies on our arms and shoulders. These babies were only born that morning and were waiting for their wings to fully expand and dry before they would be released into the larger garden area. Yes, it was fun and i'll post a picture or two. Get your Butterfly ON in Bali if you can!

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment