Friday, March 15, 2013

Travel to Middle East, Jordan, South.



Aqaba was a beachy holiday spot compared to the rest of Jordan. I ended up spending two nights there, and was intending to stay longer but (and normally this wouldn't deter me) I was so annoyed by the mosquitoes in my room at night time, I decided I would either move to a hotel closer into town (my hotel was further out, overlooking the South Beach) or go somewhere else.

Because I am headed for Egypt soon, I thought it would be easier to just stay in Aqaba and catch the Jett bus on Friday back to Amman - about a five-hour drive. Then I started thinking about Wadi Rum again, and how it would be wonderful to camp in the desert. I couldn't make up my mind, so I spent my full day in Aqaba at the downtown (eating, of course!) and then went to get a coffee. While at the cafe I called my guide from the camp in Wadi Rum and asked what we could do for a camping trip. It wasn't expensive, so I decided to go back to Wadi Rum, camp, and then head back to Petra the next day where I could also get a bus to Amman.

In the afternoon in Aqaba I went snorkelling off the south beach. You only have to walk out a few metres there and you start to see fish and bits of coral. So I took a snorkelling guide from the hotel and he took me out to what I would call 'the deep' and showed me all sorts of fish, urchins and different types of coral. In some parts the water was freezing, so a hot shower was very welcome afterward!

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment