Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Travel to United States, Washington D.C.



Today I'm so excited because it is my first day in Washington D.C.. We went to a lot of places that are really famous. We went to Library of Congress, Union Station, the United States capitol and congress, and the Air & Space museum.

Library of Congress is the largest library in the world. Many people came to Washington because it has a lot of informations about the topic that you had. The library had more than 120,000 books. There are movies and other more things. Each day there are more than 1,100 books are leaned and borrowed. If this library didn't exist, the world will not have that much good informations to research about. The smallest book in the world is about how is a period. If you have been to the library, you will realize how small it is. In the library there is also the biggest book in the world. I didn't go to visit those fantastic things, but I still have a good time in the library. Everyone brought gifts in the gift shop, I saw some that says something like "Keep clam and have a cupcake". We saw some cultures of the Mayas and Aztecs. I want to buy one bookmark of it, but I want to save money for the other days in Washington. I love that first day because I learned how to save money, walk faster, knowing how to count the coins of United States, and a lot of things more.

The second place that we went is the United States capitol and congress. It is the place where the president and leaders debate or discuss about an difficult issues of the world and United States. Soon in that place will have a very important issue that can cause people around the world affected. The senators are elected by the voters, so that means that people had to vote for it. The senator is available for a six year terms. Inside the United States capitol and congress there is a huge statue that I think it mens freedom. The dust bowl in 1941 in United States has a big relation with the congress. In that time the people want to put down the prices of the things, but the senators didn't put it down. It is one of the bad things that the congress did. We also bought gifts in the gift shop, I bought key chain and a lot of things that are cool. I didn't bought things to myself because I don't want to waste too much money. After the United States capitol and congress, we went to the beautiful and ancient Union Station.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment