Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Travel to Thailand, North-West Thailand, Chiang Mai.



Your first visit has to be to the ranger station about 23 km inside the park up steep winding roads, the moped struggled up these hills.... it beautiful here the scenery is breathtaking, thick jungle forests line the roads, when the jungle clears for a moment you
Homecatch a glimpse of the deep valley or one of the mountains hurrying into the clouds .

After awhile I find the ranger station, this is where you organise your accomadation for your stay, there is also a restaurant and supermarket here. I have already decided that I'm camping so hire a tent that is already pitched on the camp site, so 125baht a night not bad. I also hire a sleeping matt. The camp site is huge and there are a load of tents, wouldn't like to be here in peak season as the tents are pitched so close to each other, fingers crossed though I appear to be the only one here.

I hire a blanket for 50baht and a BBQ for another 50, if I'm going to do this, I'm doing the whole thing! Lol

Between the rangers station and the campsite there is a small village, here I get a small cooking pot and cup and some food to cook.

I manage to get the BBQ going , food cooking and plenty on cups of tea, check me living it up! Theres something oddly satisfying about cooking your own tea on a
Summitfire you've started in the middle of a forest with just your book to keep you company...

Last night was good snug as a bug, didn't even need my sleeping bag. There's a lot of dogs around here, and I think they prowl the place at night, was slightly unnerving last night.

Breakfast a fruit salad, yogurt and honey I've gathered. Typical I've left my waterproof back in Chiang Mai and there looks like there's rain due. Ponch

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment