Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Travel to Laos, Luang Prabang.



It is my last morning here in Luang Prabang. I've decided to splurge a little and picked a place right on the Mekong River to get breakfast. The weather is beautiful and the scenery fantastic. There are hardly any people out, but the silence is broken with some Thai/Laos music and I must say I like that.

I got to Luang Prabang the morning of St. Patty's Day. And by morning I mean 1 am and that was after my 30 hour bus ride. Naturally I had made no reservations so I hit the streets with the others who made the same mistake as myself and after a lot of knocking on doors I found myself a $6 dorm room. It's may sound cheap, but for what I got it wasn't but at 2 am I couldn't wander forever. Actually that's not true, I probably could have but my new friends refused to allow me to go off alone so to prevent them from worrying I settled.
I passed out after a much needed shower, but was up just a few hours later for a run and oh what a run it was! After 30
imagehours on a bus my body was excited to get up and go. The morning was cool and nobody else was on the streets. On top of that I found a new hostel to go to, although I still had another in mind.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment