Thursday, March 7, 2013

Travel to Italy, Veneto, Verona.



Looking back perhaps Alexandra & I should have known that to go to the City of Love, solo with just your other single gal pal, means that Verona will offer a totally different prespective than most would find.. we just didn't realize it was going to be SUCH an adventure! Even the planning itself was a little hap-hazard. We decided on Thursday I believe that we would go, because we both had an interest in seeing "Casa di Giulietta" (House of Juliet) which had a discounted entrance fee this particular weekend. Seeing as how there was nothing else planned in Venice, and we both live a two minute walk from the train station, it seemed like a plausible idea to take off unexpectedly for the weekend. Friday night hit and we got invited out to dinner with some friends. To a Mexican Restaurant, none the less, whose decor looked like more like something you'd find in an old Indian saloon on a side road
Piazza di Signoriof Highway 1 travelling across Canada (personally I loved it!). As usually happens, the wine and full bellies gave us a sense of laziness, and we began to talk about maybe just post-poning our trip for another weekend. So that night we went to bed thinking we'd make it some other time..

10 AM Saturday morning rolls around and I awake suddenly to find my house is empty & quiet. I laid in bed for about 5 whole minutes till I decided to pick up the phone and call Alexandra..
"Alex! Are you up yet? I had a crazy idea.. lets go to Verona today after all?! I am going to start looking for hotels right now and I found a train that leaves at 12:30 PM.. lets do it!"
Poor Alex, I had literally called and woken her up and then proceeded to announce I wanted to take off for another city in just over two hours haha. Well the trooper she is, and apparently my soul mate in spontaneity.. she gave me the thumbs up.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment