Thursday, July 18, 2013

Travel to Germany, Berlin.


I am not one to sterotype an entire people, but these Germans ... hold on a second ... that's not right ... I am going to start that sentence again...

If you will allow me to sterotype an entire people, these Germans are a very rule-abiding bunch. Seriously, you have never seen anything like it. Among the best examples is their obedience to cross walk signals. I was out for a walk early on Sunday morning and unsurprisingly, there was virtually no traffic. I arrived at a cross walk and the signal indicated "don't walk," but there is not a car in sight. So ... being an American, I proceeded into the cross walk and crossed the street without incident. My fellow pedestrians? They admonished me with their disapproving looks, and they continued to stand, waiting patiently for the "walk sign" to appear. I was astonished. I felt like yelling "People, the nearest moving vehicle is in Dresden, its time to consider looking both ways and crossing the street."

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org

No comments:

Post a Comment