Monday, July 1, 2013

Travel to Malaysia, Sarawak, Kuching.


My flight left Kuala Lumpar on time and landed in Kuching several hours later. I grabbed a taxi and headed to my accomodation, Singgahsana Lodge, but I was too early to get into my room. It was barely 10.00am and as check-in time was 1.00pm, I had a few hours to kill. So, I left my suitcase in their care and headed out into the streets again.

Once the capital of the White Rajahs of Sarawak, and now with a population of 600,000, Kuching is small enough to explore on foot. The name of the city, Kuching, is thought to derive from the Malay word kucing, meaning cat. There are certainly plenty of cat statues in the streets and cat themed tourist junk in the shops to support this theory. I walked the promenade along the river and browsed the tourist shops in the street opposite, to pass the time. I also needed to find an ATM machine as I was down to my last $10.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment