Friday, July 5, 2013

Travel to Japan, Hokkaido.


Today I left the hotel with two indentations in the bedroom floor, where my shoulder and hip bones lived. The two mattresses were no more than 40mm thick each – paltry. Additionally, the human traffic passing by our door to the toilet in the early hours was like the M25 at 8am coupled with the constant flow of high speed water through ancient pipework making a noise like Niagara Falls.

Breakfasted on the traditional rice, noodles and fish we were off on the road again, following last night’s light rain which left the roads damp and the hills covered in low cloud. Let’s hope that we can survive the day without punctures, having two yesterday on the hire bikes, which are actually quite good Trek machines. This is the reason I like to use my own bike since I know the set up is right for me and that I have good tyres and brakes plus having my other paraphernalia such as bar bag for my cameras and a big under-saddle bag for my tools and spare clothing.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment