Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Travel to China, Hainan, Sanya.



I am currently working on several posts that I need to do a little research for, but it's difficult because I don't have an internet connection in my accomodation, so they're taking a little longer than I intended, hence the las few posts being entirely about how I am thinking and feeling. I'll keep working on them and maybe they'll be finished by the time I get home... but in the meantime, a post about the cheerless subject of leaving Sanya - where I have spent the last 5 tumultuous months of my life. Enjoy ^^

I can’t read through an entire piece of travel writing in the order that it’s meant to be read. An emotion that is best described as excitement and longing takes over and I can’t think of anything else, I want to be there, in the midst. I want to be this writer, writing this piece, having had this experience. It’s the same thing that takes over when reading a particularly good novel – you read it so quickly that you skip over entire phrases and paragraphs, just so it’s possible to absorb it all now, right now.

It’s this
My City Bruvapart of my personality that allows me to read a novel or article again and again. This morning I was reading a piece about glacier exploration. And although I have absolutely no desire to be tramping through a glacial bog and eating dried dinners made with muddy water, I wanted to be there. I wanted it to be me, to be having that experience, to be learning more about the world and about how I relate to it.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment