Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Travel to Laos, West, Luang Prabang.



Really tired today, reminds me why hostels have been off the plans so far in the trip, people in and out all night, talking and laughing, its great if you dont have to be up early! Lol 7am down at the boat, first one here, pleasantly surprised to see that there are some car seats along the edge for people to sit on, yay this journey should be about more comfortable than expected.

The boat in very long, at the far end are the living quarters of the family's who's boat it is. It slowly fills up, first all the travellers arrive to claim decent seats then the locals come in with their large packages. This boat is seriously full, thankfully they haven't tried to get us to squeeze up on the seats.

There boat is due to leave at 8.30, by 9am the boat is must starting up the engine and attempting to leave...with difficulty. They have to get a lot of the locals back off the boat to enable the boat to back off the sand.. Only in Asia!

So we've finally set sail if you will, through the mist still hanging over the river, it
Packed boatas also freezing, so glad I decided to wear my trousers. I realise to my horror the women that is selling the food and drink on the boat is the 'nice' women I met in the market the night before with the trousers oh well I'm sure she won't remember me.....

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment