Monday, February 4, 2013

Travel to Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island.



Saturday I decided to take advantage of the nice weather- it was about 72 degree F- so about 22 degrees C.. The sun was out and I needed a good workout. I walked from the JW Marriott hotel to Central (IFC building) where my work is located- this was about a 15-20 min walk.. It is normally a 1 stop train ride. From the IFC building, I decided to figure out if I could find my way to my new apartment - since I will need to know how to walk back and forth to work very soon. - Note on this- not as soon as i was hoping; with Chinese New Year starting at the end of this week; I won't be able to move in until After Feb 14th :(... It does give me more time to furniture shop and make more practical decisions on that side of it.



Amazingly, I remembered how to navigate thru the walkways to find the midlevel; pedestrian escalator. Basically to get to my place- you just ride the escalator up to almost the last stop. I thought San Fran was a work out with the hill; San Fran has nothing
heading up
pedestrian escalator on Hong Kong midlevels- 2 days later my calves are still on FIRE. What a workout. My legs should be amazing after 2 years of doing this walk every day.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org

No comments:

Post a Comment