Thursday, February 7, 2013

Travel to Morocco, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz, Marrakech.



I have switched gears and jumped to another continent, I am now writing to you from Africa. The initial plan was to work my way through Europe and take the Trans Siberian railway to Beijing, but a combination of the cold weather in the north and European cities not really sparking my interest made me head south. I had no intentions of heading to Morocco but I started to hear stories from everyone, and it began to intrigue me. I really had no idea what to expect in morocco, its a country like I've never seen before. I flew in with no expectations and was a little confuse with trying to understand the country in the begining. To sum it all up in one sentence it would be one of the most developed countries in Africa, with French being the main language, Alcohol being somewhat obsolete, rich but poor at the same time strong Islamic presence, and a mixture of middle eastern culture, African, and European.



I started in the capital city main city of Marrakech, it is a modern day labyrinth. Even though all the hostels give you directions on how to get there and maps are
314806_3740531730286_1312133829_nfree everywhere, it is still impossible to navigate. You have to pay a local to walk you to the door of where your staying or you wont find it. The first few days in the city was spent relaxing in the hostel and understand the way of life here.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment