Thursday, February 21, 2013

Travel to South Korea, Daegu.



Having spent two years in this architecturally-ugly/mountain-pretty city, I thought I'd share some lists I made for people newly arrived to Daegu. Regular readers can just skip ahead to the next entry. Most pics are from other blogs--I just wanted to advertise the places a bit ~~

My Favorite Places in Korea:

-Ulleungdo (Ulleung Island)--really steep hills, awesome rocks, and beautiful views and water colors

-Tongyeong and Bijindo (Bijin Island)--Tongyeong itself is kind of a port city, but it has a replica Turtle Ship, cool mural-covered neighborhood up a hill, outdoor art museum, and lots of ferries to nearby islands like Bijindo, where you can camp on the beach (semi-illegally)

-Upo Wetland—nice day-trip to nature; good place for bike riding or a stroll

-Waterfalls near Bogyeongsa (Bogyeong Temple)--easily the best small waterfalls on mainland Korea that I saw; nice, pretty-easy hike/walk, and if you go far enough you may have some privacy to swim in the creek

-Hiking everywhere: Apsan, Palgongsan including Gatbawi, Gayasan, Seoraksan

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment