Thursday, June 20, 2013

Travel to Cambodia, North, Angkor.


Early doors, alarm set for 5.45am to be packed up and at the bus station for 6am blimey we hadn't been up this early in a long time!! But it was for a good reason, we were crossing the border into Cambodia, very exciting. We had been told countless horror stories of the border crossing, it can be dangerous, be careful, you could be there for ages, corrupt officers, fake visas etc so we were both very sceptical about it all. Managed to fall straight back asleep on the first part of the journey up untill we got to the border, the bus operator guy asked for all our passports and $25 for the visa, I was adamant that I was not paying it or giving him my passport as it should only be $20 and you can do it yourself. However after some deliberation over it all I gave in and paid the guy and off he went with our passports, theres us hoping and praying this is all above board and luckily it was. In the end the extra $5 was fine as if I had done it myself I may have missed the bus as we got pushed Indigo on Otres The lovely beach huts we stayed inthrough pretty quickly. Border crossing are always bit of a nightmare as you never really know what is going on, you have to take all your luggage with you but this was absolutely fine.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment