Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Travel to Japan, Tokyo, Shibuya.


I'm back in Tokyo. This is my third time here; so, I thought I'd blog about it. I seem to have a knack for having horrible, but retrospectively amusing, experiences when I land in Tokyo. In 2011, I was suffering from the cheese pizza I'd had on the plane. I also had to go to Shinjuku to get the key to my apartment -- during rush hour. Shinjuku Station is confusing in any event, but during rush hour, it's madness. Eventually, I found my way to the station where I lived, but spent another four hours trying to find the apartment, in the rain, with a huge suitcase.

That was two years ago. This time was actually worse. My flight out of Dallas was delayed, causing me to miss the connection in Atlanta. There was another flight to Narita that day, which I ran to try to catch. But it was too late...or so I thought. Just as I was resigned to stay in Atlanta for the night, the plane began deplaning due to a water leak. I was thus able to board the plane, albeit a few hours late, for Narita on the same day. This meant, however, that I wouldn't get to Narita until about 8:30pm, which made it impossible to check into my apartment. After I left Narita was when the real fun began.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment