Friday, June 21, 2013

Travel to Cambodia, South, Kampot.


I spent a week in Siem Reap, half with the girls and the rest on my own, also catching up with a friend from my Africa trip on my birthday. On the second day there, the girls and I spent a full day exploring the Angkor temples, including Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm (an amazing site, with the ruins gradually eaten over by the jungle) and another large temple, with some stopovers at smaller ones inbetween. I’d thought about getting a two-day pass but to be honest, after all the temples in Thailand, I was feeling well and truly templed out.

On my birthday I went to a spa for massage and manicure, then had a short-lived night out at Angkor What bar, after which I didn't feel too good. I was meant to go on a bicycle tour the next morning, but ended up cancelling it because I still wasn’t 100% the next morning. Instead I stayed in bed most of the day, slept and watched some television. I had bought a bus ticket for that night to head to Kep, on the coast, so I wanted to be as healthy as possible for the bus journey that was going to take 10 hours.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment