Friday, August 16, 2013

Travel to Alaska, Anchorage.


We ate a delicious dinner and got stuff put away for the night. We were just finishing dinner and one of the other people in camp came running in scared because there was a bear taking a leisurely stroll right through camp. So we all stepped out and watched him for a while, but I didn’t have my camera with me.
After dinner, I went out with our guide and another worker here at camp and we were able to land a few fish each. The other worker has an unbelievable cast and he was able to look at my fly casting and gave me two tips and within a cast I was able to really start throwing the fly out there a long ways (for a rookie). We came back around 10pm and headed to bed. Supposedly another bear was in camp around 11pm. But it really sounds worse then it actually is. I have never once felt nervous or scared up here (maybe I’m an idiot though).

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment