Friday, August 16, 2013

Travel to South-West Thailand, Ko Samui.


After a few days on Phi Phi I caught the ferry back to AoNang, although delayed, no reason given just a sign on the pier that said, "ferry late today", Thai time I guess. The crossing was a smooth one and I spent just one night in AoNang before getting up early to catch the bus and ferry to Samui. This was all plain sailing, the weather was good and I arrived in Koh Samui around lunch time. I was meeting up with Aoife who was from Eire, unfortunately her so called friend who she had been travelling with just decided to go home as she was missing her boyfriend. One of my ex-tour friends Ross had met her while they were on Koh Samui and asked me if I would mind befriending her as she was pretty upset by the events. We spent a very pleasant four days on the beach swimming, walking and eating. Aoife was good company and we spent a lot of time exchanging travelling experiences. I was planning to leave on Monday for Koh Phangan and on Sunday Aoife travelled up to Chiang Mai to spend a week at an elephant sanctuary. I felt quite envious I think if I hadn't already booked I might have joined her.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment