Friday, August 9, 2013

Travel to Canada, Manitoba, Brandon.


You may be asking yourself; for a 'world' traveler like Ned, why on earth is she going to Brandon, MB. and more importantly why is she driving? Yup - you read correctly; I am getting into my little black beauty with the slightly dented rear end, and we are driving over 1150km to visit my best friend and her 7 year old daughter. Yikes. even that sounds weird coming from me. Driving, domestic and minors? Oh boy, she truly has lost her mind.

Alas, as I get a bit older and my friends grow with me, so do their family dynamics and I am still the single, ahem, solo traveler and it is much easier for me to come to people vs the other way around. I love my dear friend, and have known her since 1997 if memory serves me correctly and has been there through thick and thin, good and bad, boys and many, many bottles of wine. So I figure the least I can do is suck it up and drive to Brandon to visit for 5 or 6 days, child and all!

I left Edmonton at 07:00 and hit the Yellowhead fairly quickly. I had decided I would drive across AB, SK and MB, one Starbucks at a time (after all I do have the Starbucks app which works better than the 'around me' app I found). That was until about 40 minutes outside of Lloydminster I realized how quickly coffee works its way through me and had to literally pull over on the side of the highway for an emergency pee. Ah, takes me back to Nepal. Except with more oxygen, and moving motorized vehicles vs. yaks and much lower speeds!

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment