Friday, August 23, 2013

Travel to Peru, Cusco.


Well you might wonder where I've been for the last couple of days. In a word Nowhere. It appears that I met and made friends with a couple of little critters who went to work on me - and won. I thought I had altitude sickness but apparently I'm fully acclimatised to the altitude with a blood oxygen level of 92% and what they considered a good heart rate. In fact I was told that because I felt no ill effect at 5,000 metres it was unlikely to be the altitude. So what have I seen of the City of Cusco, well some lights on Monday night, the inside of my eyelids on Tuesday (yes I slept the whole day and actually fell asleep during a conversation with Garry - I think it was about the great day they had). Yesterday I was a bit more alert and got outside the front door of the room but that got too much so I went back inside again. Today was the highlight though - I got into a taxi and went to the Clinico. And that was a tiring day.

So I have no pictures but hope to describe the last couple of days to you through the eyes of the others. In fact I had hoped to get them each to put in their own pieces but of course being busy people it didn't happen.

On Tuesday (20th) was a bit confusing as we thought it was to be a free morning to "get some washing done". Yeh right, they've got a laundry service here at US$2 or US$3 per kilo. Aside from Liz we've all been hanging out for it even if we had to wear dirty clothes. I put in a couple of kilos at a cost of about S/.10 - I couldn't have faced laundry anyway. I'd have probably fallen asleep and drowned in it. The afternoon was then supposed to have been spent on a tour of the main sites in the city itself. However, it was found out at about 10:00 that Tuesday was meant to be a White water rafting day, leaving at 8:00 - Oops. AND we thought the rafting was for half a day in the afternoon - it must have been the Mountain Bike riding that was the half day event.

Read  more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment