Thursday, August 22, 2013

Travel to Romania, Muntenia.


After a bumpy ride with no entertsinment on (I miss the Turkish buses) I arrived in Bucharest at 8am this morning. As I got off the bus I found myself in a worn neighbourhood. Despite being so close to the center.

I had just spent my second night in a row trying to sleep on a bus so needless to say I was really tired. What followed was the worst introduction to a new country I've ever experienced.
It started out with a very obviously fake security guard (I mean come on, a white Reebok shirt, a pair of shorts and a yellow id-less tag that just says security? Surely you can do better than that!) approached me and said that the area wasn't safe due to gypsies that would kill me if I walked alone there.
I know a scam when I see one so I was just trying to brush him off without upsetting him. I told him I'd be alright but he was really pushing and trying to get me to take a cab. I had to push him off repeatedly. Seriously, a most unpleasant individual. I knew I had been correct though when I, from a distance, observed him talking with a cab driver. Very obvious scam, do people still fall for those?

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment