Monday, April 1, 2013

Travel to China, Jiangxi, Nanchang.



My last post left off at Shelly's where I spent my Spring Festival and celebrated the Chinese New Year with her family. I overall had a great time, but was very excited to be traveling back on the 14th of February. Going back to Nanchang actually involved quite a bit of work both from Shelly and her father to get me to the bus station. To get to her house, if you remember, it took a 3 hour bus ride to Anfu city, then her family picked me up in a car, which in itself involved asking for favors from different family members, and then driving 30 minutes to her house. To get back, since it wasn't convenient to ask for the car again, Shelly's dad rode a motorcycle (theirs I think) and took my main luggage while Shelly and I walked to the nearest village (where Shelly's old school was).
IMG_6655From there we waited a while for an extremely crowded bus where we (THANK GOD) got two of the last seats and rode about an hour or so to Anfu city. At that point Shelly haggled with the 3-wheeler taxis to get us to the bus station where we then had to wait in line and get the very LAST ticket to Nanchang that left at 4 (it was around noon). Since we had a while to wait we went over to Shelly's aunt's house to rest and have lunch. Time passed pretty quickly and it was soon time to say goodbyes and our promises to stay in contact since she wouldn't be coming back to Nanchang, but would be going to Shenzhen for an internship in March.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment