Friday, April 19, 2013

Travel to India, Kerala, Varkala.



The journey took me in the opposite direction than usual...I flew over the pacific instead of over Europe, landing first in Honk Kong to visit Jordan and Alice and meet their daughter. I had only seen them once since our last encounter in HK in 2006. So I was really happy to be back there again. I wasn't surprised by the overwhelming amount of people in HK. I remembered it being bustling and busy at all times. But I noticed this time that everywhere the enormous crowds walked, they had a sense of purpose. they were often going to and from the metro stations. Everyone must have had somewhere really important to go! Few people were just lingering, or sight seeing. The newest development i noticed was that everyone had a Samsung galaxy, but the biggest one. Ive never even seen one that big in Canada, (which i know isnt saying much but
imagenow that I've graduated to an iPhone it's possible I would notice these things at home). And everyone has a Samsung despite the multiple 2-story apple stores in the city. People walked around, faces buried in their oversized phones. More Often than not, when i was able to steal a glance at the screen, they were just playing games. Sophia, Jordan and Alice's daughter is adorable. We really bonded and had a great time getting to know each other. I was so happy to visit HK but I was anxious after my 5 days there to get back to India. I didn't waste any time getting back to my favourite spot, landing directly in Kerala and going straight to Shiva Garden in Varkala. If any of these names are sounding familiar it's because this is my 4th trip to the same guest house in the same city.

No comments:

Post a Comment