Friday, April 26, 2013

Travel to Philippines, Palawan, El Nido.



It was time for my annual leave again and for the 2nd year in a row I have planned a “mini travelling” trip for me and my girlfriend. We had strategically timed our holiday to be around the Easter bank holidays and so we actually had 17 days to spend in the Philippines. This was my 3rd visit to the country I fell in love with in 2010 and my 2nd back to one of our favourite destinations – El Nido. Despite being warned by travellers and blogs all over the internet of the development and tourist boom in the area, we still could not resist the magnetic draw of this place.

I had spent quite some time making sure our travel to the Northern tip of Palawan was as time efficient as possible. All of our flights and onward bus journey’s had been arranged with military precision and I had put a lot of faith in the transport system of Malaysia Airlines and Cebu Pacific Airlines. This was my first mistake. The 12 hour flight from LDN to KL went smoothly and after a 3 hour stopover we were in the air on another flight across to
First ViewManila. We circled Manila airport feeling smug that all was going to plan when the pilot decided to ruin everything and diverted to Clark airport. We sat on the tarmac waiting to refuel for 4 hours and by the time we took to the air again and landed at Manila International we had missed our Cebu Pacific flight to Puerto Princesa. After some sweaty sprinting around the airport we managed to find another flight on another carrier leaving 2 hours later than our original flight.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment