Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Travel to India, Kerala, Kochi.



So, I set out for my journey from Bangalore to Kochi at around 8pm on Tuesday night. Veena and Indu kindly drove me to the bus station, and just as well they did because I don't know if I'd have found my bus without their help! The Bangalore bus 'terminal' is unlike any I've come across before. Rather than a central building from which the buses depart, it consists of a number of connecting roads with agent offices and buses parked outside. It was very hectic and confusing.

Sadly bidding farewell to my friends, I set off on the mini bus, bound for another bus terminal where I was to catch the main bus. The mini bus driver whizzed through the traffic at lightening speed, with more than just a few near-misses, using his horn every five seconds, an act I've come to realise is the norm here in India.

Boarding the main bus, I was pleased to see that I had two seats to myself. I was not pleased, however, to see the man across the aisle staring at me rather creepily. I smiled at first, just to be polite, but after half-an-hour of relentless gawking, I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. We must have been a sight, two people just staring at each other across the bus. Unfortunately, my tactic failed to deter him, so I just popped my earphones in and lost myself in music. Every now and again, I glanced round to see his beady eyes still fixed on me, but after an hour or so, he lost interest and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment