Thursday, April 4, 2013

Travel to Himachal Pradesh, Dharamsala.



I lived in the mountains in Himachal Pradesh, one of the states in India famous for the Himalayan Mountains. During my two month life in a very limited town--I was the only international foreigner inhabitant--I had to survive without the basic necessities required of most American blonde girls.
One of such necessity: hot water shower.
That's right. No bathroom in my apartment. And no hot water shower. The only shower system available was found across the street at my neighbors joint family accomadation, and even then the shower was COLD WATER only. Now did I mention I was living near the Himalayas? In winter? Not exactly the weather I would be tempted even slightly to participate in a cold water shower on a daily basis first thing every morning.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org

No comments:

Post a Comment