Thursday, April 4, 2013

Travel to Costa Rica, Alajuela.



Semana Santos. Interesting words: In translation it means the “Holy Week” in Spanish. We have experienced the week of Easter - Costa Rican style. Let me tell you these Tico's know how to do it up right....but let me back up a bit because we were supposed to be in Nicaragua for Easter.

Well Nicaragua didn't happen. The last days the kids were here we all ate at a "soda" for breakfast. These sodas are where the locals eat. They serve good, cheap “typical food”. Well 3 out of 5 of us suffered some gastrointestinal distress later. Some of us got over it in a few days, others a few days longer and then there was me. Two weeks and a doctor visit later I am just starting to feel normal again. When we dropped everyone off at the airport we went looking for our bus ticket and were told we had to purchase it the night before we wanted to travel north. What we didn't take into consideration that we were “approaching" the Semana Santos ( Holy week) and that everyone and I mean everyone was travelling somewhere and the bus was completely packed for the next 3
Dam spillway
Thought of my dad here days. So now we are stuck in San Jose. We found a cheaper hotel right downtown which was in the roughest area in town. However I didn't have to worry about venturing out as I got so sick I was confined to the room for the next 5 days.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment