Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Travel to Veneto, Venice.



Apparently I took quite a hiatus from writing, almost a month it seems. Once again I seemed to have gotten sidetracked and caught up in the busy routine which is day-to-day life (haha). Even in Italy, it seems that the daily schedule is one packed full to the brim and always keeping me running here and there. I do appreciate that however, it is good to know that even on the other side of the globe people seem to go about their lives in the same hectic attitude that we do back at home. A reminder that no matter where you are, when it comes down to it, things aren't really as different as we think they might be.

And along with this, is the reality that back at home, life also continues at the same pace. Whether it be for one reason or another, there comes along the moment where you have to sit back and reflect on where you are currently, and where it is you really need to be. For me right now, that is at home in Canada. And sadly therefore this chapter in Italy is about to come to a close for me. Sooner than expected, but with no regrets and a smile on my face. It's the feeling of people in the right place, at the wrong time. And right now there is a much more important place that I need to be. With my family, spending the moments together that really matter. For when we look back on our lifetime, it will be those last cherished memories with a loved one that really account for how we spent our lives. Sadly, I regret to say that for me, I fear I am about to lose one of the most special people in my life, my Opa. We all know that as our grandparents age, each day we get to spend with them is a blessing. A man that has helped raise me and has taught me more than I can ever express to him.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

1 comment: