Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Travel to South-West Thailand, Ko Pha-Ngan.



I wake up on January 2nd still feeling sick. The White Russians on NYE probably didn't help but hey... Talon's been trying to get us to climb the big wooded mountain in the middle of the island for a while now (Canadians!) and today is the very last day I feel like doing it. But maybe sweating and a bit of aerobic exercise will help. He thinks its about a 6 hour round trip. Great.
We drive to the base of the hill and start walking. I tell him I need to take it at my own pace and he says:
“Oh anytime you want to we can start heading down just let me know” and then he disappears off up the mountain taking long strides.
I'm beginning to regret my loose tee shirt dress outfit – and i've just conveniently remembered my vow that I would do no more treks or hikes in jungle tundra. I am sweet meat for mosquitos – I just prefer the calm , cool still beauty of the mountains.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org

No comments:

Post a Comment