Thursday, April 11, 2013

Travel to Japan, Tokyo, Hachioji.



I woke up early today on my "Sunday" so that I could go hiking - something I had been wanting to do for awhile. Sometimes, you just need to get out of the city! I WANT to climb Mt. Fuji this August, but I'm really not sure that a) my gimp knee can handle it, and b) I'm in good enough shape. So today was sort of a beginning test to see what my body could handle.

I went to Mt. Takao back in November, to see the autumn colors, but hadn't hiked it since. This time, I went alone (!!!) which was awesome, because I like doing things alone and knowing that I can have independent adventures. Mt. Takao itself is a super popular day hike because of it's close proximity to Tokyo, but according to my hiking in Japan book, most people only do Takao by itself and don't continue on - and Takao is part of a long trail called the Mt. Jimba trail, which spans 5 mountains! I did some research and decided I wanted to do Takao and the next mountain on the trail, Shiroyama.

Read more at http://www.travelblog.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment